Application is now open for the Studentships in DECaDE Centre for the Decentralized Digital Economy at the University of Surrey. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Surrey and Scholarship
Why enroll in a course at the University of Surrey? A compelling combination of academic achievement, innovation, and a dynamic student experience can be found at the University of Surrey. It is renowned for its top-notch research and offers a variety of degrees in many different fields, ensuring that students get a well-rounded education. Strong industrial ties at the institution provide outstanding employment opportunities, and the scenic campus, just outside of London, provides a vibrant and welcoming community.
In Guildford, Surrey, England, there is a public research institution called the University of Surrey. Following the Robbins Report’s recommendations, the university and many other institutions were granted royal charters in 1966. Previously known as Battersea College of Technology, the college was situated in London’s Battersea Park. However, its origins may be traced back to Battersea Polytechnic Institute, which was established in 1891 to offer higher education in London, particularly to the city’s less privileged citizens.
The institution, through its Surrey Space Centre and its commercial spinoff Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd., undertakes in-depth research on tiny satellites. The University of Surrey received a 5* rating in the categories of “Sociology,” “Other Studies and Professions Allied to Medicine,” and “Electrical and Electronic Engineering” in the Research Assessment Exercise of 2001, as well as a 5* rating in the categories of “Psychology,” “Physics,” “Applied Mathematics,” “Statistics and Operational Research,” “European Studies,” and “Russian, Slavonic and East European Languages.”
In terms of a career, getting a degree is usually advantageous, but it might be challenging due to various financial constraints. The International PhD Studentships in DECaDE Centre for the Decentralized Digital Economy is offered by the University of Surrey to help with study-related costs during the academic year 2023–2024. This initiative’s major goal is to offer financial assistance to those qualified candidates who want to enroll in a PhD program at the Centre for Decentralized Digital Economy – AI/Computer Vision/Blockchain.
Details about Studentships in DECaDE Centre for the Decentralized Digital Economy at the University of Surrey:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Surrey, UK
Scholarship Value: £18,622
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Surrey, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Studentships in DECaDE Centre for the Decentralized Digital Economy
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the Studentships in DECaDE Centre for the Decentralized Digital Economy at the University of Surrey:
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: PhD DECaDE’s Center for the Decentralized Digital Economy – AI/Computer Vision/Blockchain studentships
- Admissible Criteria: The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements below to be eligible:
- Possess a first-class or 2:1 honors degree (or a comparable certification from outside the U.S.) in a relevant field (such as engineering, computer science, signal processing, applied mathematics, or physics, for example).
- Can show great programming, analytical, and mathematical skills.
- It would be good to have prior computer vision, machine learning, or deep learning knowledge. Experience using distributed ledger technologies (DLTs), such as Blockchain, as an alternative or in addition, particularly in use cases where it has been integrated with AI or signal processing.
- Entry Requirements: Claimants must satisfy the University’s minimal entrance criteria before applying.
- Non-native English speakers must have an academic IELTS exam that is no older than two years and have an average score of 6.5 overall with a minimum score of 6.0 in each area.
Application Procedure for Studentships in DECaDE Centre for the Decentralized Digital Economy
Aspirants are advised to enroll in the university’s PhD program to take advantage of this scholarship. Applications should be submitted through the portal for the PhD program in vision, speech, and signal processing program page after receiving confirmation. Candidates must provide copies of their resumes, transcripts, and passports. To learn more about application and financing, read the studentship FAQs.
23 BA 00
Telephone: +44 (0)1483 686035
The Application Deadline is: 13 October 2023
Start Date: 1 January 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.