Applications for the University College Birmingham’s Sustainability Development International Awards are currently being accepted. The deadline is approaching, therefore interested candidates are urged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
About University College Birmingham
What makes University College Birmingham a good place to study? The University College Birmingham is a specialized university with a global reach and a welcoming learning environment. It is committed to assisting its employees and students and offering chances for professional and personal growth in a welcoming atmosphere.
New international students starting full-time postgraduate programs are eligible to apply for this prize. Students who have been offered admission as well as candidates who report to a panel on how they continue to prioritize sustainability in their academic work, extracurricular activities, and post-study plans will be taken into consideration.
Birmingham, England is home to University College Birmingham. Along with Newman University, it received full university status in 2012. It doesn’t belong to Universities UK. In addition to winning the “Student Support” category of the 2022 WhatUni Student Choice Awards, the university was named “University of the Year.”
The institution is situated in the heart of Birmingham and provides undergraduate and graduate programs in both academic and practical fields. The university has areas of expertise in early childhood education, business enterprise, marketing, business management, hairdressing and beauty, tourism, events management, sports management, sports medicine, and the culinary and culinary arts.
The university was established in the 19th century as a division of Birmingham’s Municipal Technical School (the forerunner of Aston University), but in 1957 it separated into the Birmingham College of Food and Domestic Arts under the direction of Birmingham City Council. It relocated from Brasshouse Passage to its current location on Summer Row in 1967, and it held its grand opening there in 1968.
In the 1980s, it underwent a name change to Birmingham College of Food, Tourism, and Creative Studies (BCFTCS) to better represent the variety of programs it was then providing. In 2007, the organization’s name was once more changed to University College Birmingham (UCB). It is frequently referred to informally as the College of Cakes or just “cakes and pies” at other times.
4,930 students enrolled in higher education at the institution in 2019–20, comprising 495 postgraduates and 4,435 undergraduates. Additionally, 10,335 students are enrolled in further education right now, with about 10% of them coming from countries other than the UK. In 2009, OFSTED gave UCB an “outstanding” rating. Additionally, it has a Hospitality Assured designation, making it one of the few universities or institutions in the UK. Additionally, it is currently the holder of the Beacon Status, Catey Education and Training Award, Investors in People, Charter Mark, and Matrix Award.
Details about Sustainability Development International Awards at the University College Birmingham:
Scholarship Sponsor: University College Birmingham
Scholarship Value: £4,000 as a discount on the tuition fee
Number of awards: One
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University College Birmingham
Eligibility Criteria for Sustainability Development International Awards
- Students from other countries are eligible to apply.
- Courses or Subjects That Are Eligible: Applicants may apply for any postgraduate degree program offered by University College Birmingham.
- Eligibility Requirements: The candidates must fulfill all the requirements listed below to be considered for Sustainability Development International Awards:
- The candidates must have obtained and accepted an offer from University College Birmingham to enroll in a full-time postgraduate program.
- The candidates must demonstrate a dedication to sustainability.
- The candidates must be enrolled as foreign students studying abroad and be paying tuition at the international student rate.
- The candidates must have given the university their 50% tuition fee deposit.
Application Procedure for Sustainability Development International Awards
- UCB accepts admissions applications online through the school’s webpage. Students must fill out a separate scholarship application form if they wish to be considered for the Sustainability Development International Awards.
- Supporting Records: The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- Previous education
- English proficiency
- Working knowledge
- Entry Requirements: The applicants must satisfy the admission requirements for their preferred postgraduate program, ideally having a relevant bachelor’s degree
- Language Prerequisite: The following English language proficiency exam results must be submitted by the students: IELTS – 6.0
The Application Deadline is 14th July 2023.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.