Application is now open for the Quasar Group Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
The University of Technology, Sydney, Act 1987 was enacted when NSWIT was given university status on October 8, 1987. On January 26, 1988, it was reorganized as the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), including the School of Design from the previous Sydney College of the Arts. The Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education (KCAE) and the Institute of Technical and Adult Teacher Education (ITATE) of the Sydney College of Advanced Education were combined to become UTS in 1989 under the University of Technology, Sydney, Act 1989 (NSW). In 1991, 25 schools and nine faculties made up the academic framework.
The Balmain location where the School of Design was once housed closed at the end of 1994, and the school relocated to a new facility on the city campus. The St. Leonards site, which was closed in 2006 and moved to the city campus after a makeover, housed the environmental, biological, and biomedical science schools. The campus is divided into five separate precincts. The city campus is home to Broadway, Haymarket, and Blackfriars, while Moore Park and Botany precincts combine specialized facilities with nearby business organizations.
In the 2022 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings (under 50 years old), UTS placed first in Australia and eighth overall. Similar to this, in the 2021 QS Top 50 Under 50 Rankings of institutions established less than 50 years ago, UTS placed 11th globally and first in Australia.
The Quasar Group Scholarship is to promote academic success for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Construction Project Management program. A work placement opportunity with the Quasar Group will also be provided to the scholarship applicant, giving them the chance to engage in work-integrated learning. Construction project knowledge may be found at the multi-award-winning Quasar Group. The emphasis on value, safety, quality, and integrity in their strategy is clear.
Details about The Quasar Group Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: Quasar Group/University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: Maximum total value of $10,000 + opportunity for a paid work placement
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for The Quasar Group Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for The Quasar Group Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
- A citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or the bearer of a visa for permanent residence in Australia or a visa for permanent humanitarian assistance;
- The Bachelor of Construction Project Management (C10214) full-time;
- At the time of scholarship selection, have completed 96 credits or the equivalent in their course;
- Completed their current UTS course with a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 or above;
- An updated curriculum vitae is required of all candidates;
- Applicants must submit their applications online using the UTS Scholarships Application form;
- Every applicant must be available to participate in an interview (either in person or through Zoom).
According to evidence presented during the interview and scholarship application:
- The drive to seek out possibilities to enhance their professional and personal life;
- A strong desire to pursue a career in construction project management; Ingenuity in thinking and remarkable problem-solving abilities;
- Expertise in project management for construction;
- A commitment to sharing Quasar Group’s values, objectives, and culture;
- It is possible to take into account academic merit and other achievements.
Application Process for The Quasar Group Scholarship
Interested applicants for the Quasar Group Scholarship should fill out and submit the online application form. Note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Email UTS Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Submission Deadline is: the 25th of September 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.