Transylvania University Merit Scholarships for International Students in the USA for 2023/2024
Transylvania University Merit Scholarships: Transylvania University is happy to provide its international students with great academic records with its merit-based scholarship program. Undergraduate students who want to enroll in a degree program at the university are eligible for this scholarship.
International students accepted to Transylvania University will be awarded merit-based scholarships in the amounts stated below. The Transylvania University financial aid program is open to applicants.
Transylvania University Merit Scholarships are given out based on a thorough examination of the applicant’s application and are automatically taken into account when applying. Potential prize amounts range from Global Superior ($20,000), Global Excellence ($18,000), and Global Prestige ($15,000) depending on the achievement level of the student.
About Transylvania University
Lexington, Kentucky’s Transylvania University is a private institution of higher learning. It was Kentucky’s first university and was founded in 1780. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and provides dual-degree engineering programs in addition to its 46 major majors. By 1859, 8,000 doctors had graduated from its medical program.
Latin for “across the woods,” the name Transylvania derives from the colony’s inception in the extremely forested western Virginia territory known as the Transylvania Colony, which existed for a brief period between 1775 and 1776 in south and western Kentucky. Transylvania has produced a significant number of American leaders, including two U.S. vice presidents, two U.S. Supreme Court justices, 50 U.S. senators, 101 U.S. representatives, 36 U.S. governors, 34 U.S. ambassadors, and the Confederate president.
The Colony of Transylvania, Latin for “across the woods,” which aspired to cultivate decent citizens, inspired the name of Transylvania, the first college founded west of the Allegheny Mountains. Before Kentucky became its state, in 1780, when the Virginia Assembly created Transylvania Seminary, Thomas Jefferson was governor of Virginia. Although the school later became associated with the Presbyterian Church, its first patron was the Reverend Moore, rector of Christ Church Cathedral (an Episcopal church). The school was once located in a log cabin in Boyle County, Kentucky, but in 1789 it was relocated to Lexington. The earliest location in Lexington was a solitary structure in what is now Gratz Historic Park.
Transylvania University has an acceptance rate of 92%, per U.S. News & World Report. The range of accepted applicants’ SAT scores (25th-75th percentile) is 1050-1360.
Transylvania University Merit Scholarships – Benefits
- Global Excellence: $18,000
- Global Prestige: $15,000
- Global Superior: $20,000
Transylvania University Merit Scholarships – Eligibility
- International students must apply for the Transylvania University Merit Scholarships.
- Be a first-year international applicant of any major to a college or university taking part in the program. (International applicants are those who do not also have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency but who are nationals of a nation other than the United States.)
- Show interest in and initiative in fostering cross-cultural education and interaction.
- To qualify for Transylvania University Merit Scholarships, you must fulfill the admission requirements and follow the deadlines.
- Students who do not speak English as their first language or who are not citizens of an English-speaking nation must submit documentation of their English language ability.
How to Apply
We advise you to submit the Common Application, which opens on August 1 for fall 2023 enrollment, if you are applying to more than one of the over 500 colleges and universities that accept it.
- Contact Alice Schaaf, Assistant Director of International Recruitment, at email@example.com if you need assistance with the application.
- Please register here if you are completing the Common Application for the first time.
- Documentation Needed: the following documents are required of applicants;
- Official secondary school transcript and the admissions essay
- Certified results for the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, ACT, and/or SAT
See the official website for further information.
Deadline for Application:
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.