Application is now open for the Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grants. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Hamburg and Scholarship
In Hamburg, Germany, there is a public research university known as the University of Hamburg (also known as UHH in German). On March 28, 1919, it was created by joining the Academic College (Akademisches Gymnasium), the Hamburg Colonial Institute (Hamburgisches Kolonialinstitut), and the prior General Lecture System (Allgemeines Vorlesungswesen). Affiliated institutions and research facilities are spread all around the city-state, with the main campus situated in Rotherbaum’s central area.
According to the Times Higher Education Ranking, Shanghai Ranking, and CWTS Leiden Ranking, the institution is among the top 1% of universities in the world and is listed among the top 200 universities globally. With UHH, you may connect with seven Nobel laureates and a Wolf Prize winner. Out of a total of 426 German higher education institutions, U.S. News & World Report ranks UHH 7th and QS World University Rankings 14th on a national level. Due to the administrative expenditures associated with participation, the institution decided in October 2012 not to take part in national or international rankings shortly. Numerous ranking systems’ techniques have also come under fire.
With degree completion grants, Universität Hamburg helps its international students finish their degrees successfully.
Details about Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grants:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Hamburg, Germany
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Master
Host Institution(s): University of Hamburg, Germany
- The typical financing duration for a grant for degree completion is six months.
- The monthly financing cap is set at €720. Each grant’s value is determined following the requirements outlined in the Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung (BAföG), a German law that provides for federal training aid.
- An extension may be asked for if the final examination is not finished within the allotted six months.
- The financing term might last up to 12 months.
Eligibility Criteria for Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grants
- Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for funding: They are not German nationals;
- They are not eligible for the BAföG (federal student loan program); They are preparing for or are in the final examination period of their studies;
- Don’t accept any financial assistance at this time (evidence necessary).
International students enrolled in fee-based degree programs may, in rare circumstances, be eligible for this scholarship, but they will not be given preference during the selection process. Students pursuing a Diplom, Magister, or Staatsexamen degree are eligible to submit a first-time application for a 12-month award.
Those who are ineligible for funding:
- International students who meet the requirements of Section 8 of the Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung (BAföG), which is a law in Germany
- Doctoral candidates
Required Documents for Application:
The following documents are needed for online applications:
- Justification for your application
- A timetable outlining all of the processes leading up to your final examination
- A supervisor’s assessment of your final thesis
Application Procedure for Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grants
Before submitting your online application, Universität Hamburg advises you to attend a private advising session. Here is a step-by-step tutorial that will show you how to submit your online application: Guide (PDF). Please use the respective application link and log in with your STiNE ID for the applicable application periods:
Forms: Evaluation for a Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grant (PDF). The online application site requires you to upload these files. The following papers must be delivered in person to the program coordinator before the application deadline once you have filed your online application and during business hours:
- copies of all check and savings account statements over the previous three months, together with proof of any additional assets you may have, and your residency permit.
Please schedule an appointment online for this reason. Please submit your documentation to email@example.com ahead of time or show it in person at the scheduled time. Your papers won’t be kept and will be removed after they have been seen. You can also visit the official website for additional details.
The Application Deadline is: 01 December 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.