Application is now open for the Fully Funded University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University Of Manchester and Scholarship
In Manchester, England, there is a public research institution called the University of Manchester. The main campus is located on Oxford Road, south of Manchester City Centre. The university is the owner and operator of significant cultural assets, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site Jodrell Bank Observatory, the Manchester Museum, the Whitworth Art Gallery, the John Rylands Library, and the Tabley House Collection.
All nationalities and research specialties are welcome to apply for the University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award, which will be of interest to top-tier students who are committed to working on difficult projects in a top-tier research institution.
Details about the University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award:
Scholarship Sponsor: The University of Manchester’s Faculty of Science and Engineering
Scholarship Value: Fully Funded
Number of awards: Several
Study level: PhD, Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University Of Manchester, UK
Courses: Engineering, Sciences
The fully-funded award includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- £1,000 Research Training Support Grant per annum
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
Eligibility Criteria for the University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award:
- Have met the deadline for applying to begin a PhD program in September 2024.
- A first-class or 2.1 UK honours undergraduate degree (or its international equivalent) should be held, or attained, in the future.
- Possess a master’s degree with honors or distinction (or an international equivalent).
- Possess the ability to show promise for scholarly investigation. Undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to journals or articles, reaching a larger audience for research, awards for prior work, or establishing new partnerships with other organizations are a few examples of this.
- Possess the ability to show that you are involved in more extensive activities, such as community service, outreach, volunteering, EDIA participation, and other extracurricular activities.
Note: This grant is available to all nationalities.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Before applying for this funding, candidates must have a scholarship offer from The University of Manchester.
- Moreover, candidates should:
- fulfill the entrance requirements in English language set forth by the department to which you are applying;
- own an established history of participating in research. Contributions to journals or articles, reaching a larger audience for your research, and receiving awards for your project or research work are a few examples of this.
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Fashion Management and Marketing
- Imaging and Characterisation
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy and Corrosion
- Nano and Functional Materials
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Polymers and Composites
- Textiles and Apparel
- Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- Civil Engineering
- Coatings and Ceramics
- Computer Science
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Management of Projects in Engineering
- The Faculty DDS Panel will extend an invitation to interview each shortlisted candidate.
- Candidates will receive email notifications.
- This cycle of recruitment will use Zoom for conducting interviews.
- Interview questions, a brief oral presentation, and the DDS nomination form will be used by the Faculty DDS Panel to evaluate interviewees.
Applications for 24/25 will be reviewed in two groups during the academic year, which ends on March 31, 2024:
- If your supervisor nominates you for this scholarship and you apply before January 31, 2024, you will be interviewed in March 2024, and you will be informed by March 28 if you are selected for the scholarship.
- You will be interviewed in May 2024 and informed by May 31st, 2024, whether you are selected for the scholarship if you apply for it between January 31 and March 31, 2024, and your supervisor nominates you.
Application Process for the University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award
The lead supervisor will evaluate your candidacy for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships and assist you throughout the application process.
It is crucial that you communicate with the supervisory team frequently throughout the application process and that they are aware of your desire to be funded. Applicants must apply as early as possible, before the funding deadline, for a spot in the Ph.D. program of their choosing to be considered.
The respective department webpages have complete information about the institution’s research projects as well as instructions on how to apply for the Ph.D. programs.
Details to contact in case of questions
- Sandra Kershaw
- Recruitment and Admissions Manager
- Tel: 0161 306 4826
- Email: email@example.com
The Application Deadline is: March 31, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.