Application is now open for the University of Manchester Sports Scholarship. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Manchester and Scholarship
Manchester, England is home to the University of Manchester, a public research institution. On Oxford Road, the main campus is located south of Manchester City Centre. The Manchester Museum, The Whitworth Art Gallery, The John Rylands Library, The Tabley House Collection, and the Jodrell Bank Observatory—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—are among the significant cultural institutions that the university owns and manages.
The University of Manchester, a creation of the municipal university movement in the late 19th century, is known as a red-brick institution. The Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) merged to become the modern University of Manchester in 2004. The two institutions had been closely collaborating for a century before this.
Manchester is the institution that the top 100 graduate companies in the UK are most interested in recruiting from, according to the 2020 Graduate Market Review released by High Fliers.
According to QS rankings as of 2021, the University of Manchester is the 27th-best institution in the world. The college held the sixth-best national ranking. The Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020 placed the University of Manchester in position 36. On this list, it was ranked fifth among universities in the UK. On the list of the World’s Most Innovative Universities published by Reuters in 2019, the university came in at number four overall.
Manchester “has a formidable reputation spanning most disciplines, but particularly in the life sciences, engineering, humanities, economics, sociology, and the social sciences,” according to The Sunday Times in 2006. As part of the 2010 Times Higher Education Awards, Manchester received a top prize for Excellence and Innovation in the Arts. In 2017, the Financial Times’ worldwide MBA ranking placed the Alliance Manchester Business School at number three in the UK, number ten in Europe, and number thirty overall.
The University of Manchester Sports Scholarship was created to satisfy the requirements of students juggling academic education with attaining their goals to advance further in their athletic careers.
Details about the University of Manchester Sports Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Value: At least £9,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
The University of Manchester Sports Scholarship package includes a customized, individualized package to help you perform, together with sports memberships, specialized facilities, and committed support, all of which add up to a value of over £9,000.
The package comprises:
- Up to £1500 can be used for competition or training costs.
- Annual gym membership at the Armitage Sports Center or Sugden Athletic Union
- Individualized training sessions with the school’s highly qualified strength and conditioning coaches Physiotherapy from their full-time university/TASS physiotherapist Mentoring/Lifestyle support
- Athletic scholarship gear
- Access to sessions designed with high-performing athletes with multiple careers in mind
- Highlighting your achievements
- Possibility of serving as a sports ambassador
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Manchester Sports Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the University of Manchester Sports Scholarship:
- A full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Manchester OR a prospective student who has obtained a conditional or unconditional offer and will begin their studies in September 2023.
- Competing at least at the UK Junior National level in a sport that is recognized by Sport England or UK Sport (for international applicants, the standard must be comparable to the UK’s).
- Possess a contract with a team playing in a professional or semi-professional league at the national or international level (for international applications, the quality must be comparable to that of the UK).
- Demonstrates a personal, athletic, and technical/physical profile with performance levels that meet the minimal requirements.
- Evidence ongoing pursuit of one’s own brilliance, as described in this application under the headings of:
- Shows a dedication to pursuing personal perfection
- The demands of a dual-career athlete while managing and balancing them
- Assumes responsibility for their program
- Embraces education and personal growth
Application Procedure for the University of Manchester Sport Scholarships
Are you interested and qualified for the scholarship? Fill out the online application form.
The Application Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.