International students are welcome to apply for the University of Sussex Graduate Scholarships. In the UK, there is a master’s award program available for the 2023–2024 academic year.
The University of Sussex Graduate Scholarships are intended to help and inspire students who have excelled academically to enroll in one of the university’s approved master’s programs.
About the University of Sussex
Why should one enroll at the University of Sussex? Students have the chance to alter the course of history by attending the University of Sussex. A variety of extracurricular activities are available, such as sports groups, societies, and volunteer opportunities. With a significant proportion of graduates going on to have prosperous jobs in their chosen fields, it has a solid track record for employability.
The University of Sussex is a public university with a focus on research that is situated in Falmer, East Sussex, England. Most of it is contained inside Brighton and Hove’s corporate limits. Its expansive campus site, which is flanked by the South Downs National Park, offers easy access to the center of Brighton, which is just 5.5 kilometers (3.4 miles) away. The first of the plate glass university generation, the university acquired its Royal Charter in August 1961.
For graduates of Sussex who enroll in an appropriate Master’s program at Sussex in September 2023 and have a First or Upper Second Class Bachelor’s degree, the University of Sussex will waive £3,000 of their tuition fees.
Eligibility for the University of Sussex Graduate Scholarships
- Eligible Nations: Every nationality
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: Graduate scholarships from the University of Sussex will be given out for full-time PG (taught) study in any subject the institution offers.
- Admissible Standards: The following requirements must be met by all applicants to be considered for a University of Sussex graduate scholarship:
- A First Class or Upper Second Class Bachelor’s degree from Sussex is required for graduation in 2023.
- must have accepted a position offer for a part-time or full-time qualifying Master’s program to begin in September 2023.
- not be submitting a Master’s application to a school other than the University of Sussex.
- must not be entering Sussex’s integrated master’s program’s final year.
- must not have attended a university that is a partner of the University of Sussex, like BIMM.
- not have attended an outside program or a campus abroad of a UK university.
- must already have a scholarship from the University of Sussex.
The University of Sussex Graduate Scholarships – How to Apply
- When accepting an offer of a place to study, eligible applicants must express interest in the University of Sussex Graduate Scholarships (2023) through the postgraduate application system. Since their admission applications will serve as the foundation for automatic consideration, eligible applicants are not required to submit any extra application forms.
- Supporting Records: Applicants must submit the following proof of identification:
- An individual statement
- Degree transcripts
- A copy of their grade report
- English proficiency required
- At least one academic reference from your most recent university is required, as well as the referee’s contact information.
- Admission Requirements: The following admission requirements must be submitted by the students:
- For the majority of courses, upper second-class (2:1) or lower second-class (2:2) undergraduate honors degree or equivalent
- To be eligible for federal student aid, American students must possess a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent.
- To enroll in courses at the University of Sussex, candidates must fulfill the entry criteria (master’s).
- Language Prerequisite: Candidates must meet the following language requirements:
- All instruction at Sussex is conducted in English, so applicants must be adequately proficient to profit from their studies.
- If English is not your first language, you must prove that you can meet the university’s English language requirements to be considered for the degree you have applied for.
- A test of English language ability, such as the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), must have been passed.
- You must give proof of your language proficiency through other English credentials.
- Must present documentation proving you qualify for one of our English language waivers, or
- Must pass the Pre-sessional English course at the Sussex Center for Language Studies.
Deadline for Application
September 30, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.