Application is now open for Bayes Business School International Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Bayes Business School and Scholarship
The business school of City, University of London is Bayes Business School, previously Cass Business School. It is situated at St Luke’s, near the north of the City of London. It was founded in 1966 and is routinely recognized as one of the top business schools in the UK.
This award is for students who surpass the conditions of their offer and get exceptional marks in the international qualifications recognized by the Business School. A scholarship of 25% of the first year’s tuition costs is being offered by Bayes Business School (previously Cass) to international students who are paying abroad fees and beginning a Business School undergraduate study in Year 1 in September 2023. The scholarship will only be given as a reduction in the first year’s worth of tuition.
Bayes Business School International Scholarships are for students whose final results meet or exceed the specified academic admission requirements for the program and their offer conditions, as well as for students who obtain high marks in the foreign credentials recognized by Bayes Business School.
Details about Bayes Business School International Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Bayes Business School
Scholarship Value: £5,500 for each student
Number of awards: 20
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): City University of London
Bayes Business School International Scholarships -Eligibility Criteria
There are 20 of these scholarships available, and you must fully satisfy the requirements listed below to be eligible for Bayes Business School International Scholarships in 2023–24:
- Be enrolled in your first year of undergraduate study in 2023–2024;
- Begin your first year of study at Bayes Business School of City, University of London, in September 2023;
- Expect to earn grades that surpass the requirements of your offer and the publicized academic standards; and
- Choose City as either your Conditional Firm (CF) or your Unconditional Firm (UF).
Note: A Level or International Baccalaureate Diploma applicants at Bayes Business School are not eligible for this award, however, they may still apply for one of the other scholarships the school has offered.
Terms and Conditions
- All undergraduate students who are determined by the City, University of London to be “International Overseas Fee payers” and who fully satisfy the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions are eligible for the scholarship;
- You must fully finish registration by Monday, October 16, 2023, to be eligible.
- Students must be beginning their first year of study as freshmen; those starting in Years 2 or 3 are not eligible;
- Pupils in Year 0 (the foundation year) are not eligible, nor are Year 0 pupils who move on to Year 1;
- Students who resume their degree program or have their fees reviewed in the middle of it are ineligible;
- The scholarship application deadline is Thursday, August 31, 2023. Applicants who do not submit their applications by this date will not be considered;
- Candidates must select the City, University of London through UCAS as their Firm preference at the initial decision stage;
- To validate a student’s eligibility for a scholarship, extra information about their domicile or prior coursework may be required. For a student to be eligible for a scholarship, any additional information required must be sent to City, University of London by the time specified;
- The terms and conditions of the scholarship may be changed at any time, and any modifications will be posted on the school’s website;
- If your circumstances change after applying for one of the scholarships and you are no longer eligible for that scholarship, City may decide to consider you for one of the other prizes that are still open;
- This scholarship is ineligible for applicants from the European Union who have been granted resident rights under the EU Settlement Scheme and anticipate paying home fees;
- Students who are accepted into this program are not eligible to apply for any of the schools other scholarships;
- Students who receive any other scholarship from the City, University of London will not be eligible for this scholarship and will not be included on the final shortlist. Scholarships are given as gifts to the university, and the school reserve the right to exclude an applicant. This includes progression scholarships given to Kaplan and INTO students progressing to a Bayes Business School program.
Application Procedure for Bayes Business School International Scholarship
The process for applying for Bayes Business School International Scholarships are in three stages:
- Details on how to apply for the scholarship will be sent to all international candidates who applied by January 25, 2023 (and who were not informed that their application had been rejected). If applicants who submitted their applications after the UCAS deadline of January 25, 2023, are interested in applying for the scholarship, they should contact the University Admissions staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be given an email with the scholarship application.
- By Thursday, August 31, 2023, applications for the scholarship must be filed. Applications received after this date won’t be considered.
- Only applicants who have made City their “firm” choice and who are expected to enroll with the school in September 2023 will have their applications examined.
- The panel will assess each application after the scholarship application deadline of August 31, 2023, based on final academic results, and choose students who have demonstrated the highest performance and who have designated City as their “firm” favorite university. Although those chosen must have gone above and above the announced entry requirements, the selection process is competitive, therefore meeting those standards does not guarantee an award.
- Only applicants who have completed the first two phases of the scholarship application process successfully will be evaluated at this level.
- Candidates must have fully finished registration. 21 days following the start of the semester (Welcome Week), registration will close for the class of 2023. The anticipated date for this is October 16, 2023.
- By Thursday, November 30, 2023, students who have fulfilled the aforementioned standards will receive formal confirmation from the scholarship provider as to whether they have been selected.
- The amount of £5,500 (25% of the tuition charge of £22,000 for first-year students starting their studies in 2023) will be deducted from the successful applicants’ January 2024 tuition fee installment as a discount to their year 1 tuition fee.
- Submission deadline: Thursday 31st August 2023
- Announcement of scholarship results: Thursday 30th November 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.