A program called DeepMind Scholarships at Queen Mary University of London aims to encourage and support underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate degrees in computer science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Because female and/or black students are currently underrepresented in certain fields of study, the DeepMind Scholarships are for them.
About Queen Mary University of London
East London’s Mile End is home to the public research institution known as Queen Mary University of London (QMUL, or simply QM; formerly Queen Mary and Westfield College). It belongs to the federal University of London family. In the 1880s, East London College sponsored a charitable project that started teaching at Mile End. In 1915, the College was accepted to the University of London and given the new name Queen Mary College in honor of Mary of Teck. In 1989, the College combined with the University of London institution Westfield College to become Queen Mary and Westfield College.
For the quality (GPA) of its research, QMUL was placed ninth in the UK among institutions with multiple faculties. According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the Department of Linguistics was ranked first in the UK, fifth in the UK for research output quality, and 20th overall for research power.
According to analyses by The Guardian and The Times Higher Education Supplement, Queen Mary was ranked 11th and 13th, respectively, out of the 132 institutions that participated in the UK Research Assessment Exercise, which had results released in December 2008. The largest star among the research-intensive universities, according to The Times Higher, was the Queen Mary University of London, which rose 35 positions from 48th in the Times Higher Education table in 2001 to 13th in 2008.
- Computer Science
- Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Games
Worths of DeepMind Scholarships
Each DeepMind Scholarship includes a living allowance of £15,480, a yearly travel scholarship of £2,200, and a one-time equipment award of £1,700 in addition to tuition fees of £12,250 (international prices: £28,950).
Eligibility for DeepMind Scholarships
DeepMind Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a student from the UK or abroad.
- Are underrepresented in the fields of computer science and artificial intelligence because they identify as female or as being of Black ethnicity.
- Possess a promise to enroll in one of the following programs in September 2023: At Queen Mary University of London, you can pursue a full-time MSc in Artificial Intelligence, an MSc in Computer Science, an MSc in Computer Games, an MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics, or an MSc in Robotics.
Interview Date, Process, and Venue for DeepMind Scholarships
Applications will be narrowed down by a selection committee, which will then decide which five students will receive the prize. By July 31, 2023, applicants will be informed of the outcome.
Documents Required for Application
- A copy of the offer letter you received to enroll in one of the following Queen Mary programs: the MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc in Computer Science (FT), MSc in Computer Games, or MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT) program.
- A completed application form together with a brief statement (no more than 500 words) outlining your qualifications for the scholarship and what drew you to Queen Mary University of London.
- A CV
How to Apply
- Please first make sure you are eligible to apply for DeepMind Scholarships. Applications that don’t satisfy the requirements will not be taken into consideration by the panel, and rewards may be withdrawn if it turns out that the applicants didn’t meet the requirements or gave misleading information.
- Please print and fill out the DeepMind Scholarship Application Form 2023 [DOC 32KB].
- Please email email@example.com with your completed application form, university offer letter, and resume. Please put your first and last name on all of your paperwork.
Visit the Queen Mary University website for additional information.
June 5, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.