Application is now open for the Durham University International Scholarships. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Durham University and Scholarship
Durham University, legally known as the University of Durham, stands as a prestigious collegiate public research institution in Durham, England. Established by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and subsequently incorporated by royal charter in 1837, the university holds a unique position in British academic history. Notably, it was the first recognized university to open in England after more than six centuries, following in the esteemed footsteps of Oxford and Cambridge. Consequently, it is considered the third-oldest university in England according to historical conventions.
Operating as a collegiate university, Durham’s responsibilities are divided between its academic departments, which engage in research and provide teaching, and its 17 colleges, which oversee domestic arrangements and student welfare. A proud member of the Russell Group of British research universities, Durham University is also affiliated with prominent international university groups such as the N8 Research Partnership, Matariki Network of Universities, and the Coimbra Group. The university’s extensive estate boasts 83 listed buildings, ranging from the 11th-century Durham Castle to the 1960s brutalist students’ union. Additionally, Durham University manages the Durham World Heritage Site in collaboration with Durham Cathedral.
Guided by its Strategic Plan 2017–2027, Durham University aims for excellence on various fronts. Targets include securing a position in the top 5 nationally on the Times/Sunday Times league table, having 50% of eligible subjects in the top 50 globally on the QS world rankings, and ranking among the top three UK institutions by citations per academic staff member.
To further its commitment to global academic excellence, Durham University is offering International Scholarships for the academic session 2024/2025. This scholarship initiative is designed to support exceptionally talented students from Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Vietnam pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at the university. The scholarship provides a substantial £5,000 per year tuition fee discount.
Additionally, Durham University extends its support by offering scholarships covering international student tuition fees, along with an additional maintenance allowance of £5,000 per year. This comprehensive scholarship program reflects the university’s dedication to attracting and nurturing diverse talents from around the world, fostering an inclusive and dynamic academic community.
Details about Durham University International Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Durham University, UK
Scholarship Value: £5,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): Durham University, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Durham University International Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Durham University International Scholarships:
- Countries Eligible: Applicants must reside in and be citizens of one of the following: Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, and Pakistan
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: All taught undergraduate and graduate programs at Durham University, except those specifically mentioned in the exclusion criteria.
- Acceptable Requirements: Applicants must be prepared to take part in Durham University’s marketing and promotional initiatives, as well as self-funding and overseas tuition payers. Those who get money from other sources—such as companies, businesses, governments, or other Durham University scholarships—are not eligible for the award.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must be eligible to enroll in the undergraduate or graduate degree in question.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill all of the university’s English language requirements.
The students are needed to present the following papers to the university:
- Copy of passport
- Academic certificates
Application Procedure for Durham University International Scholarships
It is not necessary to apply separately. A candidate will be immediately evaluated for a scholarship if they get an offer of a seat; there is no need to submit a separate application.
- Notification of the scholarship (tuition fee discount) decisions will only be sent to the selected candidates.
- The International Office retains control over scholarship (tuition fee discount) choices, and all decisions are final.
- If a spot on the program is not filled, there is no monetary alternative available.
Please get in touch with the school if you require any further information about this scholarship or studying at Durham University.
The Application Deadline is: 24 January 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.