Application is now open for Engineering International Achievement Scholarship at the University of Birmingham. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications.
About the University of Birmingham and Scholarship
The university’s early origins may be discovered at The Queen’s College, which is related to William Sands Cox and his aim to build a medical school that was entirely Christian in contrast to the contemporary London medical institutions. Further research revealed that the Birmingham Medical School was inspired by John Tomlinson, the first surgeon at the Birmingham Workhouse Infirmary and later at the Birmingham General Hospital. These programs, which took place in the winter of 1767–1768, were the first of their sort to be offered in England or Wales.
However, the first clinical training was carried out by medical apprentices at the General Hospital, which was founded in 1779. Cox began teaching in December 1825, although the Birmingham Workhouse Infirmary’s medical school wasn’t founded until 1828. Queen Victoria approved of the Clinical Hospital in Birmingham and permitted it to call itself “The Queen’s Hospital.” It was the first rural teaching hospital in England. In 1843, the medical institution changed its name to Queen’s Institution. The university is one of the twelve top universities that together enroll more than half of the students with the best A-level grades, according to data from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
The Engineering International Achievement Scholarship allows foreign undergraduate School of Engineering students to be recognized and awarded for their outstanding academic accomplishments before they enroll at the University of Birmingham. For those students who complete the requirements below, the Engineering International Achievement Scholarship entails a £1500 fee remission during year 1 semester 1.
Details about Engineering International Achievement Scholarship at the University of Birmingham:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Birmingham, UK
Scholarship Value: £1500 fee waived
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Birmingham, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering International Achievement Scholarship at the University of Birmingham
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Engineering International Achievement Scholarship at the University of Birmingham:
- Obtain the following outcomes or an equivalent rating under other qualifying schemes:
- A Levels: AAB to include mathematics for incoming BEng students. AAA to include mathematics for incoming MEng students
- HKDSE: 5, 5, 4
- Indian Standard XII: Overall: 80% ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra; or 75% West Bengal; or 85% Other State Board
- IB: 6, 6, 5 from Higher Levels
- Malaysia – One of the following:
- STPM: Grades equivalent to A-level grades above
- UEC: Overall grade A2
- Malaysian Ministry of Education Matriculation program: Scholars with a GPA above 3.0 will be regarded
- American system: Please see the USA undergraduate entry requirements for A-level equivalencies.
- Fees cannot be fully covered by a sponsoring organization.
- Be designated as an international student when you are admitted to the university.
- After making a solid decision in UCAS, get accepted to one of the following programs for year one enrollment in 2023.
- Engineering BEng
- Engineering MEng
- Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering BEng
- Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering BEng
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Civil Engineering BEng
- Civil Engineering MEng
- Civil Engineering with Industrial Experience MEng
- Civil Engineering with Industrial Year MEng
- Civil Engineering with International Study MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Year MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with a Year Abroad MEng
- Mechanical Engineering (Automotive) BEng
- Mechanical Engineering (Automotive) MEng
- Civil and Railway Engineering BEng
- Civil and Railway Engineering MEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering with Industrial Year BEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering with Industrial Year MEng
- Electrical and Railway Engineering BEng
- Electrical and Railway Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Year BEng
Note: The Engineering International Excellence Scholarship award cannot be held concurrently with this award.
Application Procedure for Engineering International Achievement Scholarship
It is not necessary to apply; all individuals who match the requirements above will be notified by the end of welcome week 2023.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.