Application is now open for the High Performers Scholarships at the University of Newcastle. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Newcastle and Scholarship
Founded in 1965, the University of Newcastle is a well-known public university situated in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. The university has campuses in Sydney, Singapore, Newcastle City in the Hunter, the Central Coast, and the district of Callaghan, in addition to its main campus in Newcastle.
The Academic High Performers Scholarship Program is a new initiative from the University of Newcastle, which is dedicated to identifying and supporting academic achievement. The purpose of this program is to recognize the outstanding accomplishments and steadfast commitment of excellent candidates starting their first undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
The goal of the Academic High Performers Scholarship Program is to give deserving candidates significant financial assistance. Scholarship recipients receive $10,000 each year for the three to five years that their degree normally takes to complete. In addition to providing financial support, the program provides exceptional chances for official Vice-Chancellor recognition, which heightens the sense of achievement and status connected with academic distinction. Furthermore, scholarship recipients are granted access to academic mentorship programs and leadership development initiatives within their colleges, which contribute to the development of a positive and stimulating learning environment.
This scholarship program is an expression of the University of Newcastle’s commitment to developing an excellent academic environment and offering high-achieving students real assistance as they start their academic careers. The institution hopes to support the accomplishments and prosperity of its student body by investing in the growth and acknowledgment of extraordinary talent.
Recognizing the pursuit of excellence
The University of Newcastle honors outstanding academic accomplishments of students starting an undergraduate degree with the High Performers Scholarships. Given that there are several methods to demonstrate academic distinction, students who begin their undergraduate education through a variety of paths are eligible for the grants.
Details about High Performers Scholarships at the University of Newcastle:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Newcastle, Australia
Scholarship Value: $10,000
Number of awards: 20
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Newcastle, Australia\
- College of Engineering Science and Environment
- College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing
- College of Human and Social Futures
Eligibility Criteria for High Performers Scholarships
Year 12 School Leavers
- Year 12 School Leavers who finished secondary school the year before they started a degree program fall into this group. It is necessary to have an ATAR of 99 or better.
Indigenous Year 12 School Leavers
- Indigenous Year 12 School Leavers who finished secondary school the year before they started a degree program are eligible for this group. It is necessary to have an ATAR of 95 or better.
Early Entry Program and Schools Recommendation Scheme
- This category is for students who have earned an offer through the Academies Recommendation Scheme entrance round or the University of Newcastle Early Entry Program and who demonstrated exceptional achievement in year 11 as shown by a final raw ATAR of 99 or above.
- Students who completed the University of Newcastle Enabling Program and received a selection rank or equivalent of 95 or above are eligible to apply for this category.
Regional High School Dux
- This category is for students who, the year before they started a degree program, were recognized as Dux by their distant or regional high school. It is necessary to have an ATAR of 95 or better.
Every scholarship is given out according to entrance rank and academic standing. It is not necessary to submit an extra scholarship application, except for the Regional High School Dux Scholarship.
The list of required documents may be found on your application’s “Your Documents” page. The application gateway only takes PDF files. Each document type upload box may have a maximum of three PDF files that are less than 5 MB. Proof from your high school, such as a diploma or letter, attesting to the fact that you are the best student in your year 12 class or have been awarded Dux.
Application Procedure for High Performers Scholarships
Interested and qualified candidates should log in or register here. An application is needed for Regional High School Dux.
Note: Documentation must be provided as evidence of Dux award or ranking as a top student.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: January 10, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.