Getting into medical university is one challenge that most medical schools students face in the world today. This is usually because of the high cost involved which leads to students with financial challenges scaring away from taking medical careers.
But there are some medical schools that offer full scholarships and other opportunities that can take care of those costs. Keep reading this article as we list out the medical schools that offer full scholarships.
Medical school is expensive and unfortunately for medical students, the costs have been increasing over the past several years. But, according to the Association of American Medical College, the average cost of medical school including tuition, fees, and health insurance for first-year students attending in-state public schools in 2019-20 is $36,755, a 22% increase from the cost in other years ($30,192).
According to Wikipedia, Medicine is the scientific practice of establishing the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Medicine includes different health care practices which is to maintain and restore health.
Here is the list of Medical Specialist:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Critical Care Medicine Specialists
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Allergy and immunology
- Family Physicians
- Emergency medicine
- Geriatric Medicine Specialists
- Internal medicine
- Colon and Rectal Surgeons
A Medical Personnel
A physician, physician assistant, registered nurse practitioners are the common types of medical personnel. Medical personnel is a registered medical general practitioner, or a person working under the direction of a registered medical general practitioner, acting to provide patient care, make a diagnosis or administer treatment, and who is bound by professional confidentiality.
A medical career empowers you to help people, gives you an opportunity to give back to society, and also has an outstanding graduate prospect that is not obtainable in other careers.
Medical practitioners work in almost all working sectors including Companies, firms, and schools to manage emergency health issues. However, half of the physicians and surgeons work in hospitals, some work in Colleges and Universities where they execute research. Other physicians work as Family doctors in a way of attending to their out-patients.
How to Become a Medical Personnel
- To become a medical doctor, you need to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in medical school
- You have to take a Medical College Admission Test(MCAT)
- You also need to earn A Medical Degree.
- Complete A Residency Program
- Obtain Licensure.
The Income of A Medical Doctor
Data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics show that the median wage for doctors and surgeons is equal to or greater than $208,000 per year. According to PayScale, the minimum salary for a medical biller is $34,746 per year, with a reported salary range of $22,490 to $42,084 every year.
List of Medical Schools that Offer Full Scholarships
- The University of Auckland is a public research university in Auckland, New Zealand. The university was founded in 1883 as a constituent college of the University of New Zealand, the university is perennially rated as the top academic institution in the country. The university offers an impressive range of study options with over 120 different undergraduate subjects across eight faculties: Law, Arts, Engineering, Medical and Health Sciences, Businesses, Education and Social Work, Creative Arts, and Industries, and Science. It is also one of the medical schools that offer full scholarships.
- The University of Wollongong is an Australian public research university situated in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales. The University has created an excellent reputation for teaching and learning across its five faculties; Business; Engineering and Information Sciences; Law, Humanities and the Arts; Science, Medicine, and Health and Social Sciences. The university currently offers more than 300-degree programs across both undergraduate and postgraduate levels to over 32,000 students around the world.
- The University of Melbourne is a public research university situated in Melbourne, Australia. It was founded in 1853, and it is also Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. The university’s main campus is based in Parkville, an inner suburb north of Melbourne’s central business district, with several other campuses located across Victoria. The university is one of the medical schools that offer full scholarships.
- The University of Calgary is a public research university based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The university started in 1944 as the Calgary branch of the University of Alberta, established in 1908, before being instituted into a separate, autonomous university in 1966. The university offers diverse educational and research experiences for Canadian and International students, with top undergraduate and graduate programs in research and career development opportunities.
- Johns Hopkins University was established in 1876, the university is a private research university in Baltimore, Maryland, which was named for its first benefactor, the American entrepreneur, abolitionist, and philanthropist Johns Hopkins.
- Harvard Medical School is the graduate medical school of Harvard University and is based in the Longwood Medical Area of Boston, Massachusetts. The university was established in 1782, and it is one of the oldest medical schools in the United States and is constantly rated first for research among medical schools by U.S. News & World Report.
Find more articles on Student Resources here