Application is now open for the University of Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the Pershing Square Foundation (PSF)/University of Oxford and Scholarship
In Oxford, England, there is a coeducational research institution called the University of Oxford. It is the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the second-oldest institution still in existence, with traces of instruction dating back to 1096.
For the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship for postgraduate study in the United Kingdom, applications are being accepted from eligible postgraduate applicants. Outstanding students pursuing the 1+1 MBA are given full scholarships from the Pershing Square Foundation, which cover both the Master’s degree and the MBA year. Successful candidates will have the chance to go to important conferences and events all year long.
The Pershing Square Foundation (PSF) was created in 2006 to assist outstanding leaders and creative businesses that address pressing social challenges and have a global effect that is scalable and sustainable. PSF has made grants and social investments totaling more than $500 million across a range of industries, including health and medicine, education, economic development, and social justice. The Foundation has two co-trustees: Bill Ackman and Neri Oxman.
These partnering programs each have their application process, due dates, and specifications.
For the 1+1 MBA, you must submit your application by January 5, 2024, and for your selected Master’s program, by the deadline in either December or January. The relevant course page on the Graduate Admissions website lists the funding deadlines for 1+1 MBA partnership programs.
Details about University of Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Oxford, UK
Scholarship Value: Course fees for both the Master’s degree and MBA program, plus a grant for living costs of at least £17,668 per year for both years of study
Number of awards: Up to Six
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford, UK
Eligibility Criteria for University of Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the University of Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships:
1. New candidates to the Oxford 1+1 MBA program
- Before the selection process, you must be admitted to a 1+1 MBA partnering program, and the MBA (waitlisted or reevaluated applications will not be taken into consideration).
2. If you apply to the MBA (as a separate application) and any full-time, one-year Master’s degree that is not currently included on the official list of 1+1 MBA partnering programs,
3. If you are:
- Entering your MBA year and were waitlisted or reevaluated for the scholarship the previous year;
- Were admitted to the MBA while enrolled in one of the 1+1 MBA partnering programs.
- Academic success as evidenced by degree outcomes, GMAT or GRE scores, prior university honors and awards, and other academic successes.
- Leadership potential is shown via passion and experience.
- strong moral principles, dedication, and integrity.
- Intend to concentrate on tackling global social concerns in your career, either via the creation of a new company or in an organization that already exists.
- the capacity to foresee scalable and long-lasting solutions to these problems.
- Clearly state how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will help you achieve your goals.
It is encouraged that you emphasize these qualities in your scholarship essay, 1+1 MBA application, and interview responses.
Note: Candidates will be shortlisted in early April, and interviews will be scheduled for late April or early May.
Application Procedure for University of Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships
Applicants must log in or register for both courses and Upload the scholarship essay in the ‘Funding’ part of the 1+1 MBA program application before the deadline to be evaluated. Answer the below question in no more than 500 words:
- What are your plans for changing the world and what does it tell about you as a person?
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline: January 5, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.