Application is now open for the Scape Accommodation Scholarships at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
In Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, there is a public research institution called the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). The university’s current form dates back to 1988, but it was first established as a technical institution in the 1870s.
Citizens of Australia or New Zealand are eligible to apply for Scape Accommodation Scholarships from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) for the 2024–2025 academic year. The scholarship will be given to up to ten beneficiaries, who will thereafter be eligible for a maximum of one year’s worth of 50% off their Scape Rental Accommodation Fees. With the help of this kind of gift, students will be able to concentrate on their studies rather than worrying about housing costs.
Details about the Scape Accommodation Scholarships at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: Discount of fifty percent (50%) on their respective Scape Rental Accommodation Fees for the duration of the scholarship
Number of awards: 10
Study level: Bachelor, Master
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Scape Accommodation Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Scape Accommodation Scholarships at the University of Technology Sydney:
- Apply by the issued deadline using the Scape Accommodation Scholarship application form; and
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder an Australian permanent resident visa holder; or
- have applied for a Protection Visa or Temporary Humanitarian Concern Visa (subclass 786), and possess a Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785), Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (subclass 790), Bridging Visa A–E, and temporary asylum seeker or refugee resident status.
- Be commencing one of the below courses in the session following selection:
- The Jumbunna UNISTART program; or
- A UTS undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree; or
- A UTS postgraduate research degree; and
- Be enrolled full-time in the Autumn session preceding the award or plan to enroll full-time;
- To sign a rental tenancy agreement with Scape that conforms with Article 4’s specifications;
- Possess the ability to explain one of the following:
- Apply for an Equity Scholarship through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) and include documentation of your financial need and/or other obstacles to study; or
- be moving from, or intending to move from, an outer regional, remote, or extremely remote location in Australia, as defined by the Rural, Remote, and Metropolitan location (RRMA) categorization resource.
Note: Candidates with Australian Bridging Visas A through E must submit a letter or statement from a community organization attesting to their experience as an asylum seeker.
As indicated in the scholarship application:
- Proof of financial need and/or other obstacles to study as determined by the UAC Equity Scholarship may consist of the following:
- Long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effect of abuse
- Indigenous Australian
- Refugee status
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer responsibilities
- Motivation to succeed in a qualified UTS course
- Proof the scholarship would assist the student’s performance at a higher level than would be the case
Preference may be given to candidates who can indicate (In priority order):
- One or more educational disadvantages and financial hardship; or
- Financial Hardship; and/or
- Academic merit (as the basis of admission into their chosen UTS course).
Application Procedure for Scape Accommodation Scholarships
Please fill out the Scape Accommodation Scholarship application found on the official scholarship website to apply for this award.
As proof of financial need and/or other educational obstacles, applicants should make sure that all of the information they submit is precise and complete. A thorough explanation of their situation and proof of their need for financial aid should be included in each Equity Scholarship application submitted through UAC.
If you need assistance with your application, have a question, or would like to make a change to your application after submission, please contact:
The Application Deadline is: 11:59 pm on Wednesday 24 January 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.