Top Schools of Nursing in Canada
Do you need to take a look at the top schools of nursing in Canada offering the best nursing degree programs, go through this article and learn about them? Nursing is submerged in the history of Canada. The nursing profession is highly respected in Canada. So, if you’ve chosen to attend a school of Nursing in Canada, you have made a wonderful decision.
It is important to study at one of the top schools of nursing in Canada because the nursing profession takes only the best. That is why there is always licensing exam. You will have to pass this exam to be able to practice as a nurse, and the guarantee of passing the exam is stronger by studying in one of the top nursing schools.
In this article, we will share with you the top schools of nursing in Canada. Also, we will introduce you to the nursing education system in Canada as well as answer some other questions you may be asking.
Easiest Nursing School to attend
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- Cox College
- Mississippi University for Women
- University of Southern Mississippi
- California University of Pennsylvania
- D’Youville College
- Western Kentucky University
- Brigham Young University – Idaho
- Maryville University of Saint Louis
- West Coast University – Orange County
- Wichita State University
- University of Kentucky
- Herzing University – Madison
- Curry College
- University of Toledo
- Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health
- Wright State University Main Campus
- Gwynedd Mercy University
- MCPHS University
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- South Dakota State University
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- North Dakota State University Main Campus
- University of Saint Francis – Fort Wayne
- Jacksonville University
- Marshall University
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Kansas
- Barry University
- Northern Kentucky University
- University of Northern Colorado
- Illinois State University
- Albany State University
- Indiana State University
The Hardest Nursing School to Attend
The University of Columbia is said to be the number one nursing school in the state of New York- and is also rated number one in the country. It is a very hard school to attend, attracting thousands of candidates every year.
Nursing Education in Canada
Formal education is important to become a nurse in Canada and every part of the world. You must hold at least a two-to-three years diploma in nursing to start your nursing career. But, a four-year baccalaureate degree is the perfect minimum requirement for nurses.
However, holding a diploma or degree in nursing does not qualify you to practice the nursing profession in Canada. It is only a requirement for you to be eligible for writing the licensing examination. If you have completed a two-year Practical Nursing diploma program in nursing, you can sit for the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE) Computer Based Examination. Excelling in this exam will make you a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in Ontario and Quebec.
On the contrary, if you have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree in Nursing, you can sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) Computer Based Examination. You will become a Nurse Practitioner (NP) if you complete a professional master’s degree in Nursing and pass the required nurse practitioner exam.
Nurses in Canada may take further education to specialize in the agency or departments for which they work. Some of these departments include Cardiovascular Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Diabetes Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Psychiatric and Medical Health Nursing, etc.
List of the Top Schools of Nursing in Canada
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- Université de Montréal
- Queen’s University at Kingston
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Dalhousie University
- University of Calgary
- Université Laval
- University of Manitoba
- The University of Western Ontario
Find more articles on Student Resources here