Western Sydney University is accepting applications for its partially funded Sustainable Development Goals International Undergraduate Scholarships.
About the Western Sydney University and Scholarship
A multi-campus public research university in Sydney, Australia’s Greater Western area, Western Sydney University, originally known as the University of Western Sydney, was founded in 1970.
The Nepean College of Advanced Education and the Hawkesbury Agricultural College were merged to create the university in its current form, which was established in 1989 as a federated network university. Incorporated into the university in 1989, the Macarthur Institute of Higher Education. The institution of Western Sydney was no longer a federation but was reorganized in 2001 as a single multi-campus institution. Western Sydney University has replaced the University of Western Sydney as the institution’s name as a consequence of a rebranding that took place in 2015.
With campuses in Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Parramatta, and Penrith, it offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher research degrees.
Western Sydney University, which ranked 11th out of 40 Australian institutions in 2013, was successful in securing approximately $5.8 million in funding from the esteemed Australian Research Council for 18 Discovery Projects. The Australian Government Education Investment Fund provided a $40 million grant to the Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment, which was then given the green light to launch in 2012. It is home to some of the world’s biggest and most sophisticated facilities for studying the effects of climate change.
The Centre for the Study of Contemporary Muslim Studies gave rise to the Religion and Society Research Cluster. It keeps a strong emphasis on post-secularism, multiculturalism, and religion in particular. The center’s director since 2014 is Cristina Rocha.
According to the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the university was rated in the top 201-250 internationally and equal 11th in Australia. It also ranked first globally in the impact rating.
Through its Sustainable Development Goals International Undergraduate Scholarships, Western Sydney University is providing a fantastic opportunity. All students who wish to complete their undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University, both local and foreign, have access to the educational program.
Details about Sustainable Development Goals International Undergraduate Scholarships at Western Sydney University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Western Sydney University, Australia
Scholarship Value: 50% of tuition fees
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Western Sydney University, Australia
Sustainable Development Goals International Undergraduate Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for Sustainable Development Goals International Undergraduate Scholarships at Western Sydney University:
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Undergraduate degree programs in the following topics are acceptable.
B Humanitarian and Development Studies
B Social Science (all specializations)
B Social Work
B Science – (majors in Innovative foods, Human Nutrition, Agrifoods, Sustainable Environmental Futures)
B Engineering (Civil)
B Health Science
B Architectural Design
Bachelor of Data Science
- Acceptable Standards: Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible:
- Obtain admission by submitting a comprehensive application at least two months before the start of the semester.
- Being an international student and not being an Australian, New Zealander, or permanent Australian resident. The scholarship will end if your visa status changes to one of these during the study time.
- Start a new study program in 2023 or 2024
- Possess a letter of acceptance from Western Sydney University
- Fulfill the academic criteria for the scholarship, i.e., have a finished upper secondary education with a minimum ATAR of 90 or an equal
- Fulfill all other entrance standards, and by the acceptance date, accept their admission offer.
- Admission Criteria: Before applying for admission, students must confirm that they meet the entry requirements for the program they have selected.
- Language Requirement: To be admitted to a university, applicants from outside their native country frequently need to fulfill strict English language requirements.
Application Process for Sustainable Development Goals International Undergraduate Scholarships
Applicants must enroll in a Western Sydney University undergraduate degree program to be eligible for the scholarships. Students must then submit an online application form to the university after that. Applications must be accompanied by a CV, academic records, and degree certificates. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: Open until they are filled up.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.