Application is now open for UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship for Ugandans. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About UK Government and Scholarship
The Government of the United Kingdom, sometimes known as Her Majesty’s Government or simply The Government, is the supreme body of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The prime minister is in charge of the government and chooses each of the other ministries.
Ugandan scholars with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit applications for the UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship for Ugandans at the masters and PhD levels for the 2023 academic year.
Details about UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship for Ugandans:
Scholarship Sponsor: UK Government
Scholarship Value: “Check Below”
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): UK Government
- Appropriate flight travel from your country of origin to the UK and back after your award
- Appropriate tuition and examination costs
- Living allowance (stipend)
- Thesis grant to cover costs associated with writing a thesis or dissertation, as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, a warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grant to cover the costs of studying abroad or in the UK
- Fieldwork grant for Ph.D. scholars to cover the expense of international fieldwork
- Unless you have already claimed (or intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or have already received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork, paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country for Ph.D. scholars of the UK Commonwealth Scholarships.
- If you have children and are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance.
Eligibility Criteria for UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship for Ugandans
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship for Ugandans:
- Candidates for Ph.D. programs must have received admission from a UK university and must have a supervisor in the desired discipline at least one of the UK institutions.
- Candidates should possess a first degree in the appropriate discipline with at least an Upper Second Class Honors.
- The National Council for Higher Education MUST EQUALIZE the academic records of applicants with foreign credentials.
- Candidates for master’s programs must have at least two years of relevant job experience.
Application Process for UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship for Ugandans
Interested applicants should Download the Application Form, fill it out and include a current passport photo. You should also include your age, sex, program of study, home district, phone number, email address, employment history, photocopies of your academic transcripts, and professional certifications, as well as the biodata page of your biometric passport.
CENTRAL SCHOLARSHIPS COMMITTEE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS
And delivered to: The Department of Admissions, Scholarships and Student Affairs Legacy Towers, Kyadondo Road Plot 5, Kampala 2nd Floor, Wing B; or by email to:
To reach no later than Friday, 8th September 2023.
The shortlist will be indicated on the Ministry of Education and Sports Website: www.education.go.ug and on Notice Boards at Embassy House and Legacy Towers on Friday, 22nd September 2023.
The Application Deadline is: September 8, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.