Application is now open for the University Of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary for International Students. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University Of Manitoba and Scholarship
A public research institution in Canada, the University of Manitoba is located in the province of Manitoba. It was Western Canada’s first university, founded in 1877. The University of Manitoba ranks as the 17th-biggest institution in Canada in terms of both total student enrollment and campus size. It is the largest university in Manitoba. Its main campus is situated in the southern Winnipeg neighborhood of Fort Garry, and it has additional campuses spread out over the city. The University of Manitoba manages three additional significant locations, including the Bannatyne Campus, the James W. Burns Executive Education Centre, and the William Norrie Centre, in addition to the Fort Garry campus, which serves as the organization’s principal center.
The institution also oversees the Winnipeg neighborhood of Saint Boniface’s French-language affiliate, Université de Saint-Boniface. The university is home to or a partner in 37 distinct research centers, institutes, and shared facilities, and it currently maintains 48 Canada Research Chairs. These institutions support scholarly and scientific collaboration.
The university asserts that it continues to uphold a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution, conducting more research each year than any other university in the area and consistently ranking among the best in the Canadian Prairies for both its competitive academic and research programs.
The International Undergraduate Student Bursary is a financial aid program provided by the University of Manitoba to assist international students enrolled in the university’s undergraduate programs.
The bursary, which is given based on academic ability and financial need, can pay up to 50% of the extra tuition charges for overseas students for the academic year. All new and continuing foreign undergraduate students are eligible to apply as long as they have shown financial need and academic achievement. Each application is evaluated individually by the selection committee.
Details about the University Of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Manitoba
Scholarship Value: Partial Funding up to $240,000
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba
Eligibility Criteria for University Of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary
- All nationalities of international students are eligible to apply for the University of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary.
- To be eligible, all students must pass their classes during both the autumn and winter quarters.
- In most situations, students are required to enroll in and finish a minimum of 9 credit hours every term, or at least 60% of a full course load, per term. Graduate students are exempt from credit hour requirements as long as they are enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies during the autumn and winter semesters.
- Students are required to maintain a minimum GPA. Continued education requires a minimum degree GPA of 2.0. The grade 12 average for new students (from high school) must be at least 70%.
- Bursary consideration may also be given to students who have been admitted under the Mature Student Status.
- The applicant must include a clear note of any financial necessity. To prove their financial necessity, students who have filed for government student loans from other provinces must submit a copy of a recent official government loan evaluation. Please be advised that recipients of Manitoba Student Aid are not required to provide a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
- The general bursary program is not open to international students in their first year of post-secondary education in Canada.
Application Procedure for University Of Manitoba Undergraduate Bursary
To be eligible for bursaries at the university, you must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora in addition to any additional applications that may be required for specific awards.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: October 1st, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here.