Application is now open for the University of New South Wales UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) for Exceptional International Students. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of New South Wales and Scholarship
The University of New South Wales (UNSW), colloquially known as UNSW Sydney, stands as a beacon of academic excellence and research prowess in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. As one of the founding members of the esteemed Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s research-intensive universities, UNSW has established itself as a leader in higher education and innovative research.
One notable initiative that underscores UNSW’s commitment to supporting students in their pursuit of higher degrees is the UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS). This scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students undertaking higher degree research candidature at UNSW by covering their tuition fees. It reflects the university’s dedication to fostering a conducive environment for advanced research and academic exploration.
Details about University of New South Wales UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) for Exceptional International Students:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of New South Wales
Scholarship Value: Tuition Fees and Living Allowance up to 3.5 years for a Ph.D. and 2 years for a Master by Research or Master of Philosophy
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of New South Wales, Australia
Courses: Business School, Engineering, Faculty of Arts, Design & Architecture, Law and Justice, Medicine, and Health, Science
Eligibility Criteria for University of New South Wales UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) for Exceptional International Students
You must fulfill certain prerequisites to be eligible to enroll for a Higher Degree Research program, including:
- Program eligibility: Go to Higher Degree Research and click on the link for your selected program to view the eligibility standards.
- Source of funding: All candidates, whether domestic or international, must complete the GTE & Financial Declaration Form and, if needed, submit proof of your capacity to fund all living costs, fees, and other associated costs.
When applying to UNSW, you must show that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) if you are an overseas applicant and that you can support yourself and any dependents financially throughout your studies. This can be accomplished by applying for a UNSW Research Scholarship, finding another scholarship or funding source (not affiliated with UNSW), or self-financing.
- Other: Certain Faculties or programs may have other prerequisites, please see your Faculty’s website for additional details
- Language Requirements in English
- Before applying, all applicants—domestic or foreign—must satisfy the UNSW English language requirements. Before the scholarship deadline, you must provide proof that you meet these requirements if you’re applying for one.
- You can use one of the following to show that you match the requirements:
- University English courses and English language tests. It is necessary to ensure that UNSW is authorized to examine and validate your test results by contacting your testing authority (e.g., Pearson’s).
- Previous education in the English language
- Additional requirements
Gather the supporting materials listed in the Document Submission Guidelines before submitting your application.
Scan copies of your paperwork are acceptable to send along with your application. At a later time, the documents can be checked by original documents or by your home institution. You will need to bring your original documents to UNSW for inspection before enrolment, so you should be ready to provide them if asked.
Further documentation may be needed for certain research projects, scholarship programs, or faculties; these requests can come after the initial application. For assistance, go to the Faculty website listed below.
- Faculty of Medicine & Health
- Faculty of Science
- UNSW Business School
- UNSW Canberra
- Faculty of Arts, Design & Architecture
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law & Justice
Application Process for University of New South Wales UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) for Exceptional International Students
The procedures you must take are outlined in the material below, along with where to access the scholarship and admission application form and what supporting documentation you must provide.
- Find Out If You Qualify
- Identify a Supervisor and Write a Research Plan.
- Get Your Documentation Ready for Support.
- Translations of Documents into English
- Language Requirements in English
- Send in an Application
- You are prepared to submit your application through UNSW Apply Online when you have selected a supervisor, conducted your interview, created a research description, and gathered your supporting documentation. Only complete applications—those that include all necessary documentation—will be advanced to the following phase.
- Simply check the box on the application form indicating your desire to have your term start date selected for the scholarship round if you would like to be eligible for one. Here is where you can look for scholarships.
- The school where your supervisor teaches must also be the location of your program. You should verify the accurate program code with your supervisor or by consulting the UNSW Handbook.
Please submit only one application at a time.
You can visit the UNSW website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: January 19, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.