Have you wondered if there are Affordable Universities in China? China takes great delight in providing excellent education at cheaper costs when put in comparison with popular Western nations. But if you are on a tight budget, can you still school in the world’s most populated country?
Yes, you can! And we have compiled two lists with some of the most affordable universities in China providing Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Before reading through our lists, bear in mind a few things:
- We have created these lists of Affordable Universities in China based on the programmes and higher education institutions listed on certain educational websites. This implies that the lists don’t feature every single university, and you might be able to find other affordable universities in China.
- To find an even larger quantity of academic programs, you can go to the official website of your chosen university.
Many foreign students chose China for their studies overseas. But why? Well, China has been devoting a lot to education over the past years and has grown partnerships with schools from the UK and US.
Chinese schools provide quality education and possess high-standard facilities. That’s why, more than 100 higher academic institutions are presently feature in top rankings produced by Times Higher Education and TopUniversities.
Average living costs in Chinese cities:
- Beijing is one of the costliest cities and you should budget between 1,000 and 1,200 USD per month to provide your expenses.
- Shanghai and Shenzhen are the second costliest cities, where you will spend between 850 and 1,200 USD per month.
In all the other Chinese cities, you might be able to manage with 600 – 1,000 USD per month. This amount can also comprise housing if you reside in a residence hall.
Bear in mind that living expenses vary hugely across China. Things like tuition fees, the status and type of the university, the size of the city, and your spending habits can increase or reduce your costs significantly.
Affordable universities in China offering Bachelor’s degrees
- China University of Mining and Technology – Bachelors start at 1,778 EUR/year
- Jiangsu Normal University – Bachelors start at 1,825 EUR/year
- Huaqiao University – Bachelors begin at 1,934 EUR per year
- Nanjing University of Technology – Bachelors start at 2,066 EUR/year
- Northeast Normal University – Bachelors start at 2,066 EUR/year
- Henan University – Bachelors start at 2,075 EUR/year
- Yangzhou University – Bachelors begin at 2,076 EUR per year
- Fuzhou University – Bachelors start at 2,087 EUR/year
- Jiangnan University – Bachelors begin at 2,136 EUR per year
- Chongqing Technology and Business University – Bachelors begin at 2,204 EUR per year
Affordable universities in China offering Master’s degrees
- University of Hamburg in China – Masters start at 0 EUR/year
- Politecnico di Torino in China – Masters start at 0 EUR/year
- Technical University of Munich in China – Masters begin at 150 EUR per year
- Zhejiang University – Masters begin at 2,018 EUR per year
- Guangxi University – Masters start at 2,335 EUR/year
- Ningbo University – Masters begin at 2,569 EUR per year
- Renmin University of China – Masters start at 2,559 EUR/year
- Wenzhou University – Masters begin at 2,600 EUR per year
- Ocean University of China – Masters begin at 2,643 EUR per year
- North University of China – Masters begin at 2,826 EUR per year
Scholarships for international students in China – Affordable Universities in China
China is keen on attracting international students. And to make it less difficult for these scholars to live and school there, the government, along with other institutions, provide more than 40,000 scholarship awards at all study levels (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD). The main types are:
- Chinese government scholarships (CSC scholarships)
- local government scholarships
- university scholarships
- enterprise scholarships
You can submit application for scholarship awards on the official CUCAS website.
Also keep in mind that living in China is quite affordable, especially if you choose a room in a student hall. Learn more about living costs in China.
Find more articles on Student Resources here