Application is now open for the New Zealand NCUK Graduates University of Waikato Bursary. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in.
About the University of Waikato and Scholarship
Why study at Waikato University? Students will receive the core knowledge and experience required to achieve their professional and personal objectives while studying at Waikato. It offers an interesting selection of disciplines as well as various degree frameworks to help students create a qualification that will keep their talents in demand.
The University of Waikato (Mori: Te Whare Wnanga o Waikato) was established in 1964 as a public research institution in Hamilton, New Zealand. Tauranga has a second campus. The university conducts research in education, social sciences, and management, as well as in environmental science, marine and freshwater ecology, engineering, and computer science. It provides degrees in health, engineering, computer science, management, Mor and Indigenous Studies, the arts, psychology, social sciences, and teaching.
Living and studying in another country might be difficult. To assist overseas students, the University of Waikato has created the “New Zealand NCUK University of Waikato Bursary.” The grant is offered to international students who have completed NCUK route programs and desire to continue their studies at Waikato. International students must be able to begin their studies face-to-face in New Zealand to be eligible.
Details about New Zealand NCUK Graduates University of Waikato Bursary:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Waikato, New Zealand
Scholarship Value: Up to $6000
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Waikato, New Zealand
The bursary will be worth up to $6,000 to each winner, depending on factors such as total available funds, grades, amount of credits enrolled, and term of enrolment. There are an infinite number of bursaries available, which will only be applied to tuition payments.
- Students who move from the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) to Year 1 of any bachelor’s degree at the University of Waikato will receive a NZ$6,000 bursary over a two-year period. Students will get NZ$3,000 in their first year of study (Year 1) and NZ$3,000 in their second year of study (Year 2) after passing all papers in their first year.
- Students graduating from NCUK International Year One (IYOne) to Year 2 of Business and Engineering bachelor’s degrees at the University of Waikato will be given a NZ$5,000 Bursary over a two-year period. Students will get NZ$2,500 in their first year of study (Year 2) and NZ$2,500 in their second year of study (Year 3) if they pass all papers in their first year.
- Students who move from the NCUK Master’s Preparation Program (PMP) to any master’s degree with 120 points or higher at the University of Waikato will receive a NZ$5,000 scholarship.
New Zealand NCUK Graduates University of Waikato Bursary – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the New Zealand NCUK Graduates University of Waikato Bursary:
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Courses or subjects that are acceptable: The scholarship will be granted for undergraduate degree-level studies in any topic at New Zealand’s University of Waikato.
- Criteria Acceptable: To be qualified, candidates must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Students from NCUK who wish to continue their studies at the University of Waikato must apply.
- Students must be able to begin their education in New Zealand face to face.
- International students who are new to the University of Waikato must apply.
- The Bursary will be distributed in two payments to undergraduate students and in one payment to postgraduate students at the University of Waikato’s Hamilton and Tauranga campuses.
- Admission Requirements: If the candidate is seeking admission with an abroad qualification, Waikato offers equivalent entry qualifications to several nations. The whole set of criteria may be seen here.
- Language Criterion: If the candidate is foreign, they must additionally fulfill an English language entry requirement.
Application Process for New Zealand NCUK Graduates University of Waikato Bursary
There is no application process. All applications to the University of Waikato will be made directly through NCUK. Applicants can opt to add supporting papers, such as transcripts, English certifications, passport copies, and so on, with their online application. You can also visit the official website for further details.
Application Deadline: No closing date
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here.